Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Johor Job

With the MMU Cup Tournament just around the corner, rumors has been spreading like wildfire that F&F gaffer, Aie was seen on a holiday trip with Dettol FC versatile defensive midfielder, Det in Johor Bahru. Coincidence or not, this particular “holiday” is said to be a cover for a secret last minute deal to capture the midfielder to F&F. If this transfer is true, it will certainly cause some stir in the F&F dressing room and also cause some players in the F&F team to be unsettled particularly Nadeem. Hear-say around the football community is saying that Aie is trying to persuade Det to join F&F in a bid to strengthen the
defensive side of the team. Nadeem whose less then impressive display at the heart of F&F engine last week against Dettol FC, should seriously consider his place if Det were ever to join F&F. When asked about the possibility of Det replacing him in the center of defense, Nadeem said, " I dont feel threatened at all. I know my strength and I will play to it to wrestle my way to the starting 11. I am not even concerned about the matter. Plus, if Det were to join the team, it would be for the better cause I will have stiff competition to fight for my place".


(picture: Det pictured here getting cozy with F&F gaffer, Aie in Johor.)

Dettol FC completely rubbishes the talk once asked about the rumor. " That speculation is absolutely to-laugh-for. Det is a valuable player to the team and I'm sure he knows that. There is no way Det is gonna be a F&F player this term". 

No comments:

Post a Comment