Monday, April 20, 2009

Azim "Pelekat" clarifys his nickname

In a recent interview with talkshow host, Jay Leno yesterday, Azim made a startling statement to clarify why he is being touted as Azim "Pelekat".

Fans are confused on why Azim was called Pelekat as one rumor say that it is because he can catch the ball to his hands like glue. That wasn't the case as he actually got he nickname after a game inwhich he let in a goal right through his legs. That goal proves to be a friendly joke among the squad saying that he should wear a 'kain pelikat' ( a traditional Malay clothing worn like a long skirt) so that he wouldn't let in such goals. The rumor certainly got twisted after it was spread out from mouth to mouth and Azim took his chance to clarify the situation when talking to Jay Leno.



"I enjoy the confusion that the nickname brings me as I can joke about it with my teammates and when the fans ask me why I was called "Pelekat", I can say that the ball sticks like glue to me" Azim said when asked about his proverbial name calling by funnyman Leno.

Azim is currently on a race with fitness and could play in todays' match against Lanun Rombak FC. The question on everyones mind is could he recapture the form he was in before he got the hairline fracture to his foot.

When talking on a more serious note with Leno, Azim said "I am currently working very hard to get ready for the game. As a passionate member of the team, of course I would want to contribute to the team as a whole. The injury has set me back a little but I'm sure everything will follow through."

No comments:

Post a Comment