Thursday, February 5, 2009

F&F’s Nadeem Considering Very Early Retirement


F&F defender Nadeem may leave football when his current deal with F&F ends in 2011 because he feels that his body is not responding the way that he wants it to.

Nadeem may retire from football in two years time when his F&F contract expires.

The Pakistan international defender believes that he is no longer able to play at his best and has revealed that, if he cannot recover his form, then he may well give up the game in 2011.

At just 25, the news will cause a stir among Nadeem's admirers. SDX, in particular, have been making their interest in resigning the player well known.

“I am thinking of quitting in 2011,” he told Le Pakistien. “We are all different. Safuan Jaafar is still playing at the age of 29, and Fatahuddin has just stopped at the age of 23.

“As far as I’m concerned, I feel that my body is not responding as it used to, despite F&F’s medical staff’s quality.

“That’s an option, but at the same time, as a competitor, I know that I will have the desire to carry on. We will see.”

F&F were reported to be ready to include Nadeem in a swap deal to try and lure Iman to F&F, but he has reiterated that he has no intention of being used as a pawn.

“I’m not a piece of meat,” he asserted. “I understand that F&F want ‘Coco’ Iman.. but I won’t to be involved in this business.

“I don’t wish to move on from F&F before two seasons are up.”

No comments:

Post a Comment