Friday, March 6, 2009

Abby wants to finish career with F&F

Abby Ashraff has moved to end speculation about his future by insisting he wants to stay with F&F until the end of his career.



ABBY: Enjoying his life with ex-international teammate Bambang

The press have been quick to link the Indonesian international with a move to Staff FC after the club failed to land Ameer from Dettol in January.

Staff owner Faizal So'od was quoted as saying "I want to work with Abby soon, because he makes me love Staff FC again" but it appears he is unlikely to get his wish.

Abby, who started out as MMU student and end up as a lecturer in MMU 6 years ago, told Indo newspaper Kartu: "If it were up to me, I would stay at F&F until I finish my career. I will stay as long as they want me and no club can persuade me to do the opposite.''

The 30-year-old is being strongly tipped to perform this season and improve on his stamina and strength. He finished second last in the fitness test, to Fahrul. But the player insists he will improves on his fitness level.

"I never think about personal recognition,'' he said. "For me, it is more important to think about F&F, to win titles. It would be good, but I'm not obsessed about it. I only want to be fit, do my job in the best possible way.

"I am lucky, I live by my passion and there are a lot of people who work, doing what they don't like and are badly paid for that.

"Every day I feel thankful for the luck that I have and for the opportunity to play with the the team-mates I have at F&F and in the international side.''

No comments:

Post a Comment